Stephen M. Lee
Manager, Decision Science
- Manager, Decision Science, FedEx Corporation
- Sr. Decision Scientist, FedEx Corporation
- Economist, Econ One Research
- Research Assistant, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Graduate Assistant, U of Memphis CS Department
- Graduate Assistant, U of Memphis Econ Department
University of Memphis
- M.S. Computer Science, 2019
- M.A. Economics, 2018
- B.S. Physics, 2013
My dad introduced me to golf when I was very young - in fact, I've been told stories about me crawling around with a wooden golf club before I could walk. This turned into a real obsession with time.
I played in tournaments frequently throughout high school and ended up earning a scholarship to play golf at the University of Memphis.
At Memphis, we had a good team and won the 2012 Conference USA Team Championship, and even qualified to play in the NCAA Championship at the Riviera CC (in California) that same year. Individually, a couple of my highlights include qualifying to compete in the PGA Tour's FedEx St. Jude Classic and the United States Amateur - both in the summer of 2011.
After college, I played professionally for a year. I won some money and lived out of my suitcase and then retired as a golfer.
Awards and Scholarships
- 2019: 2nd Place, University of Memphis Graduate Student Research Symposium
- 2018: Winner, Wells Fargo Campus Analytics Challenge
- 2018-2019: Graduate Assistantship Scholarship, Computer Science
- 2016-2018: Graduate Assistantship Scholarship, Economics
- 2013: Cleveland Golf / Srixon All America Scholar
- 2012: Cleveland Golf / Srixon All America Scholar
- 2009-2013: Cecil C. Humphreys Presidental Scholarship
- 2009-2013: Men's Golf Scholarship